A On line casino in Enid, Okay???.If an Indian tribe, worked through all the bureaucratic process with all the Bureau of Indian Affairs and could build an internet casino in downtown Enid, will you be for or against it? If you live in Enid and occasionally visit other casinos around the state, it is likely you run into other people you know from Enid, partaking inside recreation given by the casinos. These are the same somebody that has left our town and so are spending their recreation dollars elsewhere. They are shopping in the stores, eating on the restaurants, and staying with the hotels within the area.
A brief history:
The capability to run bingo games was among the many concessions created to tribes in Oklahoma. Then some very ingenious person designed a bingo game that appeared to be a slot machine game. We have all seen the tiny digital bingo card at the top corner of the display screen of the slot machine game. From that invention forward, Oklahoma casinos did start to spring up everywhere. After all, you had been still playing bingo, just in a new and technical way. Later, a gaming compact relating to the tribes and the State of Oklahoma allowed the usage of Vegas style video poker machines, poker, and blackjack. Thus, bigger and much better casinos were built and therefore are still being built throughout Oklahoma.
A casino is only able to be built within historic tribal boundaries and then placed in a trust using the U.S. government. Since Enid has no casino, could be that the reason? Then upon researching Garfield County, Oklahoma via Wikipedia, it absolutely was found, that prior to the Land Run of 1893, Garfield County was named O County and was part from the Cherokee Outlet, occupied through the Cherokee people pursuing the Treaty of New Echota and also the Cherokee trail of tears. Historically, the area was a hunting ground from the Wichita, Osage, and Kiowa tribes. Does that qualify us to be within historic tribal boundaries?
Positive areas of a casino in Enid:
1. The revenues generated from casinos are delivered to operate tribal governments and programs for its citizens. In addition, a portion with the revenue is split while using State of Oklahoma.
2. Tribes utilize the revenues to boost infrastructure.
3. Related tourist attractions are built.
4. Jobs are made.
5. The added income and influx of tourists increase retail trade.
6. Promotes tribal economic development.
7. The casinos donate to local charities.
8. A survey of casino patrons discovered that over 80 percent with the visitors to casinos were thinking about also doing something aside from gambling. So the casino becomes an anchor for other tourism attractions including family water parks.
9. The casinos create new lines of cooperative economic development between American Indians and non-Indian people.
10. Casinos supply a magnet for outside money that did not previously exist.
11. Local resident who used to travel outside of the area now stays within the location.
12. More construction jobs are made building casinos.
13. Gambling is definitely an accepted check here means for governments to increase funds. It is seen as an source of money that is certainly easier to obtain which is not a tax on individuals.
14. In several communities the following businesses showed an increase in profits, attendance, and customers after a casino came to their area:
a. Retail stores
c. Local arts and crafts shows
d. Hunting and fishing activities
e. Horse trail rides
f. Festivals and events had higher attendance
g. Movie theaters
h. Historical sites were visited more regularly
i. Scenic drives
j. Walking trails
k. Water parks
l. Biking trails
m. Roller skating
n. Fitness centers
Negative areas of a casino in Enid
1. Tourism dollars hinge how well the casino pays out. Winners may spend freely, but losers may return purchases and cut their hotel stays short.
2. For some gambling becomes a dependency.
3. Gambling kills time, and subtracts from time invested in useful endeavors.
4. Locally-owned businesses go bankrupt because consumers have changed their expenditures to casinos.
5. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes pour huge amounts of money into political campaigns at both state and federal levels. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B,. Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
6. Wealthy Indian gaming tribes can also be influencing gambling as well as other policies affecting Native Americans by handing a large amount to influential lobbying firms. (Source: Special Investigation by Donald L. Barlett and James B, Steele, Time Magazine, December 2002.)
7. In towns with casino's, there can be an increase inside following:
e. Domestic violence
f. Drug and alcohol addiction
What is Gambling Addiction?
Gambling addiction is known as an action addiction. When gambling, the hormones, adrenaline and endorphins, are self-produced. As the person gambles often, it results in tolerance to the adrenaline and endorphins, in order that it takes more gambling and better stakes, to have the equal high. Recent studies show that slot machine game gambling lights up the human brain exactly as cocaine does. (Source: Stop the Casino 101 Coalition)
If an internet casino were to petition arrive at downtown Enid, what might be your opinion? Do you think it might enhance our community or bring social problems we might not want to deal with?